Monday, April 27, 2009

World Tapir Day!

What a great day. Everything went so well and I had a great time with my oh-so-generous friends who have participated in the whole project with exactly the right spirit and sense of fun. You can see these wonderful people at
http://picasaweb.google.com/chinaplatefarm/TapirPeople?pli=1#5329532121595281746

There's a few last things to do by way of wrapping up the project (at least this part of it).

I will take all the donations and covert it into US funds to give to the Tapir Preservation Fund. I have asked that they tell me where the money goes (to which project) so you who have been so kind, will know where your money went.

I have created a photo gallery and will add the 'outside-of-Ottawa-people-who-wanted-tapirs' when I get their pictures.

I will put some thought into what I will do for next year's World Tapir Day.

Finally, a really big thanks to all friends who participated in today's events, thanks not only for your patience with my obsessions but also your tolerance and good spirit ... I had a blast!

2 comments:

  1. Happy World Tapir Day!
    Are all the tapirs gone? If not, will the orphans be visiting the WC meeting? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, great idea!
    Good luck next year also ;)
    Tapirs are cool and I absolutely love them.
    Greetings from Poland!

    ReplyDelete